Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Preparing myself for AF :(

Well, like every other cycle, I'm not feeling very pregnant. Technically AF is meant to arrive next week around the 28th or so and I know it might be too early, yada yada. But aside from being very tired lately (I think it might be winter blues/baby blues) nothing else really is out of normal. As a matter of fact yesterday I went running for a mile and half (well, I walked a mile LOL).

DH wants to participate in the NYC 5K this April so I figure I might as well start training, so I'm sure if I get AF I will be training like crazy (although I have to clear this with the RE first). I'm not due to start my IVF cycle until my thyroids levels get down to normal and as I stated before that can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. So I told myself this year that I will not stop myself from doing things for the sake of "i might be pregnant" or in this case, "i might start my IVF cycle" anytime soon. If anything I think it's great that I'm back to being much healthier, just like the good old days.

I'm eating much healthier (the best I've ever eaten in my life). Drinking a lot water, replaced my usual sugary filled drink at dinner for lime flavored seltzer and drinking green tea most mornings. I'm also trying to cut down on sugar in general but that's probably my biggest challenge. I think I've gotten pretty far though :) I'm not going to lie, I do treat myself to some things here and there but hey, I'm not on a diet and dont intend to be!

I'm currently weighing in at 125 which is ideal body weight (the RE said Im borderline low, but oh well guy, I'm not going to let myself go lol) I would like to get into weight training but do not think that will be happening. We'll see.

Another new thing for me is that I have decided to volunteer my time since it seems the job I was looking into is not going to work out. So I might as well use this free time to help others that need it (hopefully I can continue doing so even if I did have to go back to work). So, AF, bring it on! I'm sure I will cry and bitch once you arrive but like always I will have to get over it!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment