Tuesday, January 12, 2010

If in doubt, seek a second opinion :)

Yesterday was my appointment with my old RE and I'm so glad I went back to him! DH and I had our reservations about the other office and this one made us feel such an ease. When you are going through infertility the last thing you need is having the RE's office adding to your stress. They should be the ones making you feel more at ease, not worst.

I was told that according to all the battery of test I had gotten, I do not seem to have PCOS. That unlike what the other RE had said my ovaries looked young and healthy and it was explained to me through ultrasounds and pictures which was great. I'm officially off PCOS meds. Also, something that had bothered me with the other RE is that he believed my thyroid disorder was not a big concern. I have hypothyroidism and my levels are currently at an alarming 13.14. The norm is between 2.50-4.50! When you do IVF they usually prefer your levels to be at the lower end of 2.5. Right away my meds have been upped and now we have to wait until they get there which can unfortunately be maybe weeks to months, depending on how my body reacts :( I guess that's the only piece of "bad" news. That I thought we would be able to jump into IVF right away but we can't until that gets resolved.

Meanwhile, at the ultrasound the doctor confirmed one of my dreams! A little background on my dreams lol:

I always have crazy dreams. Dh is amazed at the detail and the things I remember, and at times they are pretty freaky and realistic. But in any case, I had a dream on Saturday night that I went to my OB/GYN and he checked my cervix. He then told me you are ready to ovulate. Make sure you cover your bases and BD all week. So of course I woke up the next morning and told DH. He had no problem with my dream Dr's orders LOL!

So yesterday at my ultrasound, my lining was nice and thick and I had a follicle on my left ovary measuring at 18mm which is awesome. The RE told me to cover our bases we should BD until the very least Thursday :) Wow! It was kind of funny because DH and I had cheesy smiles when the dr told us that LOL So I guess for now that's what we are doing.

Unfortunately or not, this is our last cycle trying to conceive naturally. If I start a period for next cycle I will be going on birth control to prep for IVF just in case my thyroid levels to regulate themselves in a short period of time (FX that they do). So I guess it's a bittersweet feeling, to know this is our last "natural" cycle, at least for now. But I definitely think this baby has been a long time coming and if IVF is what it takes then after 3 long years, I'm finally ready :)

1 comments:

Sonya said...

I am currently going through IVF - we start meds in a few days. I wish you all the luck - and hopefully you don't need to go as far as IVF!!

Post a Comment