Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A little update!

I got my second beta results back on Friday and it was at 114 from a 46 :) So I'm happy about that, although again the nurse was like, oh..it's a little on the lower end but the good thing is that it's doubling and it's probably just very early. I'm like..yeaaaa..Can you stop freaking me out? :( Anyways, I've been taking it easy for the past few days especially since I get some cramping on and off, but overall I'm doing pretty good.

In terms of symptoms, I would say I'm constantly tired and wanting to take a nap (like all day!) and I can't stay up past 10 if anything. I'm also hungry all the time, but I just don't know what to eat, as in I think I want something and when I have it it tastes kind of gross lol Nausea has been on and off but thankfully no vomiting. DH would prefer to see me vomiting to ease his mind that I am pregnant, but it hasn't quite happened (only once which isnt enough). It's not that DH wants to see me sick, but I guess he just want to see me pregnant and at this stage that's the only way. He's just as scared as I am and unfortunately we are both a mess waiting to our first appointment.

Talking about first appointments, we just saw over the weekend "THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN". Well, let me tell you, I don't know what to do! I mean, I never really thought that far ahead I guess in terms of birthing a child. For the past years the focus has been to get pregnant! It's an interesting movie and just makes me think of the options out there. I thought I was happy with my doctor but I'm not too sure which kind of sucks :/

I'm still a little confused if I'm on week 4 or 5, but it's ok, I really don't care as long as I'm pregnant :) Just praying every day that this little one hangs on and grow strong and healthy!

3 comments:

Beckie's Infertile said...

I also saw that movie and it does make you think. We own a health food/organic market so I see a lot of people who opt for a home birth. I can say that if they have had a hospital delivery and a home birth 98% of the say home birth is the way to go. I have had neither so I draw no personal experience but am excited to here about what you choose.

Right now I am like you were before just focusing on getting pregnant not sense in worrying about it now.

Sonya said...

I think your beta is great. I have a beta chart on my sidebar if you want to check it out. Do you know when your last period was? You can figure out your dates based on that...

Home birth... I don't know if I'd want to do that. I had big babies - 8 and 10 lbs, and with the first one I had to have 45 stitches because the entire vaginal canal tore from the cervix all the way down. I would not want to have to deal with that much blood and tearing at home. I was very happy to have a doctor around!!!

I would like it if the hospital rooms were more 'family friendly', though. I'd love to have friends and family in and about during labor, and I am very comforted by water so to be immersed in warm water would be sooo comforting..

Honestly though - I'll take it one step at a time!

Congrats again and tell DH that you can be VERY pregnant and not throw up! lol

Jodi said...

I'm SOOO happy to hear your beta! You're doing great - that little miracle is growing in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your # continues to rise and will be anxiously awaiting your post after your appt. can't remember when you said it was. I would be terrified to have a home birth but thats just my opinion. It was so comforting to me that we were in a hospital if anything were to go wrong w/ my baby or myself. Take care :)

Post a Comment