Thursday, February 4, 2010

Feeling pretty great

I have to say, it's hard to feel pregnant when you don't have a belly, you haven't seen your little being in an ultrasound, heard his/her heartbeat and symptoms are at a minimum. I've just been sleeping like a baby if that counts lol However, at night I'm suffering from worrying myself to sleep. I can't help it. I'm a worry wart! And I'm embarrassed to say that up to today I took another HPT *embarrassed*** I was pretty happy and relieved that the control line was lighter than the other line, which means that the HCG in my system must be pretty up there now! (or so I hope) But I promise, I've officially put the HPT's down because I ran out of them lol

Yesterday I thought I saw some "tan" streaked cm but to be honest I don't even know. Just in case I put myself on bed rest for the rest of the night. But really aside from a couple of small twinges/little cramps here and there everything seems to be going ok. However, Feb. 25th could not come any sooner! We want to see the little one in there (well, I dont know how much you see at 8 weeks but I've been told they see the heartbeat). So can't wait!

On another note, my dog who is a cutie (sometimes she drives me nutty) has been acting completely overprotective, almost as if she found out I was pregnant at the same time I did. She has been oober affectionate and constantly laying by my side. It's very unlike her, I have to say she is usually quite the anti-social kind, even with us! haha So it's definitely grabbed our attention. DH noticed it too so it's not just me.

Another little person in our life who's been acting different is my stepson. He is so cute. But last week he could just not get away from me. Whether he tried to follow me into the bathroom asking me "what are you doing" (although I'm pretty sure he has a good idea at age of 5, but we'll give him the benefit of doubt lol) to just wanting to sit by me. You see this is strange because usually his is super attached to his dad and this time it has been the other way around.

Another cute thing is that his face reaches up to my tummy at this point. And three times the whole weekend he grabbed me and hugged me and laid his head on my tummy. If you could see it, you would just melt. I know I did LOL and DH was completely wide-eyed. Of course we will not be telling him anything until maybe I start showing and all is well. Plus, we need to figure out a way to not make it such a big shock (his mom is expecting too, due in July). So the poor little one has his plate full I would say this year :) Can't wait until we are a big happy family! :) :) :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment