Monday, February 8, 2010

Hunger pain..

I officially think that I might blow up into a balloon any time now. My belly is sticking out, but of course it's not because of the pregnancy (ok, partially is bloat) but also because I've been stuffing my mouth 24/7 to satisfy the unsatisfied hunger of mine. All I can think of is bread, pasta, apple strudels and anything that would remotely resembles my grandma's Sunday cooking.

For instance, last week, in my hunger driven state I set out to make myself gnocchi. Homemade gnocchi, just like grandma and just like my mom would make it. As I was mixing everything together I started thinking that I might break down and cry and throw everything across the kitchen if these gnocchi did not resemble in taste what I remember.

Thankfully for DH and I they did. It's as if I have all of the sudden become a better cook! It's pretty amazing (not that I ever was a bad cook, but my cooking skills could always use a few pointers here and there).

Now, only if I could find the damn energy to continue cooking and making myself these delicious meals. Of course, in a way, it's probably best. I'm not contributing in a good way to DH's waist line (or mine). But all I can do, is dream and think of all these foods that I want to eat and don't know how in the world I will continue to control this insatiable hunger.

The final product "Gnocchi w/ marinara sauce and chicken" (excuse the presentation, I didn't have time to make it look beautiful as I just needed to stuff my mouth as quickly as possible :)

1 comments:

Sonya said...

MMMmmmmmmMMMmmmmmm - Recipe please?? LOL

Post a Comment