Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Our little tadpole/baby?

It's been a lot of fun getting to see what the baby looks like in terms of development these past days. It's somewhat helping me get through to our appointment next week. I know it's next week, but to me it still feels ages away! I'm feeling pretty ok. I took a test Monday (again!) and of course it was positive. I guess it's hard to believe one is pregnant without the bump right?

I wish I could enjoy my pregnancy much more, but unfortunately, like many of you out there, it's hard when you've experienced loss in the past and also it's taken so long to get pregnant. Everything is almost out of a dream. I'm not extremely religious but I do pray every night, and you guessed it, I pray for this baby to be strong and healthy and to get to meet him/her later this year. To get to hug, kiss, cry everything with this baby.

The good thing is since I'm currently not working I get to pretty much rest a lot (which is not bad, because half of the time I feel like I was run over by a truck lol) In terms of symptoms, I've been a little nauseous (not vomiting though) especially in the mornings and at night. It mostly goes away if I eat something except at night. At night, it's mostly heartburn and just a nasty feeling. My boobs are no longer that sore, I hope that's not a bad thing. Cramps I rarely get, only here and there and they are right when they say that water helps. I realize that when I get them I just might need to drink water. I've been having food aversions for the past couple of days. Mostly meats and chicken and turkey and anything meat, sounds pretty gross to me now :( DH was craving an Argentinian style steak so even though I wasn't in the mood we went on Monday and boy was that a mistake. I ate some but I wish in the end I would have ordered some pasta. So yeah, my diet pretty much is consisting of carbs lately. Pasta, bread, potato, carbs and more carbs. I can't help it. I do try to eat vegetables here and there even though I'm not a big fan. Mostly broccoli, carrots, tomato and also fruits, mostly cantaloupe, apples and sometimes oranges.

Well, that's a jist of what's been going on. As you can see nothing much lol, but I'm happy. Happy to hopefully be a mommy soon. One more week! I'll be a nervous wreck till the ultrasound. Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Sonya said...

I loved your post. I know you'll be nervous at your ultrasound, I will too... but I'm sure we'll both be fine. Hey maybe we'll even end up with a baby at the end of all this!

I can totally realate to the preg symptoms. Mine come and go but are light to moderate at best. I'm not too worried about that as they eventually make their way into my day. Mostly I am TIRED.

Enjoyed the update, please keep them coming.

Post a Comment