Thursday, February 25, 2010

10.10.10 :)

Is the due date for our first baby! Yay! I didn't think we could make it to the doctors today because it started snowing like crazy here in Jersey and he was 45 minutes away, but thankfully, the doctor still opened the practice and after a long 1 hour wait we entered the room.

The appointment then proceeded as follows. We were asked a couple of questions of our family's backgrounds, whether I was on meds and when my last pap smear was and then that was it. He examined my breasts (which hurt like never before! and I thought they weren't sore, boy was I wrong). Then he proceeded to do my pap smear :/ A woman's lovely annual that I was due for anyways and he checked my uterus which also kinda hurt as he pressed down. So lastly, came the absolutely fun part which was the ultrasound. As soon as he went in and then in that old ultrasound machine screen (yes, it was that old), a beautiful little blob materialized until he got a little closer and there it was. This baby, its heart beating and all and so I was in love. I've never wanted this more in my life than any other and I was completely estatic. There was a little head and a little body and little buds that I could make up and the beautiful little heart beating away.

Unfortunately, we don't know how many bpm it was. Honestly, I didn't think to ask, I was so mesmerized. He said all looked great until DH asked if he saw anything else on the ultrasound and then BAM! Nothing is perfect. He said I have what's called a "subchorionic hematoma", nothing big and only a teaspoon of blood, but they are known to cause miscarriage *stab* If you look at my ultrasound, below the baby's sac there is a dark spot, not really too big, but you can see it and that's the hematoma. I wasn't supposed to google this according to dr's orders and DH but I couldn't help myself and did *Grrr* There are success stories and thankfully I haven't bled. I'm hoping the hematoma will just reabsorb itself. Meanwhile, I have orders to take it easy and rest a lot in the next 2 weeks or so which I have been doing. I guess aside from that everything is well, again *stab*. I'm still very happy for our little baby and I guess all I continue doing is praying that this will all just go away on it's own and that all will be ok. It's hard to ask for everything to be perfect of course but this was our little "miracle baby" and as our miracle baby I won't stop believing that he or she can get through anything in this pregnancy and beyond, where will await...

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so glad I came to your blog tonight. Sending tons of strong thoughts to you and will keep you in my prayers. Your baby, like mine - is a fighter, after all - he/she is wanted beyond anything else in the entire world - the baby can sense it :) We were told the same exact thing, and yes, how could you NOT google it. I was thinking "ya right!". I will pray that yours, with bedrest, resolves and absorbs like mine did. Hoping its just a bump in this amazing road. Congratulations on hearing your baby's heartbeat. Isn't it just amazing?! Thinking of you.

Post a Comment