Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My fireflies and baby bliss

As a little girl I used to run around and try to catch fireflies in a jar. I used to pretend the fireflies were tinkerbell and used to wish upon them. Sounds familiar? Yes, I can completely relate to the song by Faith Hill, "Fireflies". I used to dream of finding prince charming just like the disney princesses I used to love watching for hours on end. The fireflies were my escape in the summer to a fairy tale world where I would dream of the amazing woman I could become.

I've become close to being that woman, at least I like to believe that I have. I found my prince charming and for years now I've dreamed of him being the father of my children. To build a big beautiful house and fill it with little, little ones that look like us.

Holding in my arms that little being that could grow in me and blossom to a beautiful baby. To come out to the world and grow and learn from mommy that it's ok to dream of fairy tales and wish upon fireflies. I can only hope for my little piece of bliss; hope that the little angel that God has for me comes down sooner than later and someday rest upon my bosom where I will be smiling down looking at the miracle that all my dreaming could not have possibly imagined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment