Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brought back down to earth today

And it wasn't pretty :( So, I had my first talk since my loss with my RE. Since I'm still stuck in London (praying to get out of here by the weekend) we had a conference call. It worked out great, that way he didn't have to see the tears in my face or the disappointment. Maybe it's just me being melodramatic (I've been told I can get like that). That's where the "misunderstood" comes from. One of my friends on facebook (and real life of course) tagged me in that picture a while back.


On to the news of the RE. Basically we discussed my loss and how I interpreted it was due to my very lovely "faulty" eggs. This is not the RE's language, he is much more diplomatic and nicer about it. Because my eggs might not be of good quality all these wacky things could be happening, hence the miscarriages and the long time trying to even get pregnant in between. Our choice now per his recommendation is of course still IVF but this time it would include genetic analysis of the embryos. So the process should look like (excluding the mumbo jumbo meds and procedures of course):

-Get lots of "good quality eggs"
-Get those eggs inserted with only "ONE" sperm from my dear husband through ICSI
-Let them develop into blastocysts and on day 3 send them of for genetic analysis
-Freeze the embryos while we await for genetics
-Hope to God that at the very least we get 2 embryos that are "normal"
-Hope to God that we can get more to freeze for later use (i'm getting greedy here)
-Transfer embryos onto my womb that wil,l God willing, implant onto my uterus.
-Hope to God for an uneventful pregnancy (again being extra greedy, but hey..)
-Last but not least, pray and keep praying for a healthy baby

And that's it gals (and fellows if there were any :) That's the jist for now.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

The talks after a loss are always the hardest. I never can stop from crying during these. It sounds like you have a good plan though. I hope you have a safe trip home!

Post a Comment